March 12, 2010

blessed

I never really grew up with siblings. I grew up with my neighbor who was two years younger than me, and we really practically lived together; but it was different. When people asked me if I wanted siblings growing up, I never really imagined what it would be like so I told them that I enjoyed being with myself. Also because of this, my relationship with my parents from when I was young, throughout the rebellious years, till today, is a very deep relationship. They treat me as friends, I treat them as friends. We know that they were called to serve me by being my parents, and I was called to serve them by being their daughter. We functioned as a family, always.

Over the past year and a half, as God aligns His children and our relationships become "family-like", I was blessed with true younger brothers, true younger sisters, true older sisters, and true older brothers. So many of them. I am blessed with the opportunity to comfort, guide, walk alongside, love, and receive love. It is almost like now that I have so many siblings, I realize what I've been missing out on all along. So, by God's grace, my heart was full before I had siblings, and my heart is even fuller now that I have siblings. It's amazing.

I have always wanted an older brother, I am happy because they pay for you ;P