January 15, 2010

Written in Summer 09, Vancouver

This isn't a profound epiphany, nor is it founded on profound realizations. It's just one of those larger than life facts that hits you and slowly sinks in. Just because you believe there is a God, and you know that you are only a (wo)man.

Sitting across the table from my bald aunt who has just gone through a round of chemotherapy, with the novel I'm reading which just mentioned leper slums in Delhi where they call them the "undead", along with my revived camera which started working again after a 10 second short prayer, I realize that the only reason why we are all alive and breathing at this moment is because He is watching over and keeping us. This simple thought helps me want to seize the day more than how I'm spending my time now.

He is God and I am not.